Creating a Bucket List of Experiences to Enjoy in the Future
You may have heard a lot of people talking about their bucket lists and the things they hoped to do in their lifetime. The experiences range from really far out to wildly entertaining. If you haven’t created such a list for yourself, now is the time to do so. You can do it in one sitting or add to it whenever you want.
Among the many experiences you can add to your bucket list are travel destinations, hobbies and skills, and exotic food samplings. Doing the things on the list is half the fun while coming up with the list itself is equally enjoyable. It tells a lot about a person to see what is on their bucket list.
Things for You to Put on Your Own Bucket List
Here are some out-of-this-world experiences that you may want to put on your own list of things to try:
- Backpack around Europe. See the world at your own pace. Experience what each country has to offer you in the way of culture, religion, traditions, cuisine, architecture, and climate. You’ll have plenty of stories to share by engaging in a truly immersive experience.
- Hike the Pacific Northwest Trail. Like backpacking around Europe, hiking any trail of distance is quite the feat. Learn a thing or two from Cheryl Strayed about solo adventures. Err on the side of caution by taking as many safety precautionary measures as possible. You’ll gain blisters and experiences along the way.
- Go skydiving. If you’re an adrenaline junkie, it’s high time to cross this feat off your bucket list. Once you have, you’ll wonder why it took you so long to do so. The feeling of flying is remarkable and something that many people want to experience in their lifetime.
- Swim with dolphins. Show your love for marine life by putting on a wet suit and joining them in their natural environment. Dolphins are extremely intelligent creatures that respond well to people. Make sure you take lots of pictures to mark the occasion.
- Help build a Habitat for Humanity House. Giving back to your community is an absolutely amazing feeling. Do your part to pitch in by helping a worthy family get the home that they deserve. You’ll learn new skills, make new friends, and better the world because of your contribution.
- Adopt a Zero Waste Lifestyle. See if you can go a year without producing any waste. By changing your habits, you help the planet and save yourself money. Start by giving up your dependency on single use plastics. Buy a refillable water bottle to take with you wherever you go.
This is just a sampling of some of the things you can include on your own bucket list. You’ll find additional inspiration on the internet. Draft your list before the new year comes so you have something to refer to right away.
What Makes Bucket List Goals Beneficial?
The key to enjoying more of your bucket list is to remain in good health. There are many ways to take care of yourself physically, mentally, spiritually, financially, and socially. Getting adequate rest, drinking plenty of toxin-flushing H2O, eating nourishing food, and exercising is a good place to start. Taking up a challenging sport or fitness regimen could also be considered a bucket list item. You’d be essentially crossing one thing off your list and ensuring that you were healthy enough to pursue the other items on the list.