If drinking more water topped your list of New Year’s Resolutions, you’re not alone. Many people don’t drink enough H2O, despite having unlimited access to it. If you want to change the way you approach hydration, there are things you can do starting today. Taking a gradual approach to building good habits around hydration is ideal as it allows you to make permanent changes without feeling inconvenienced.
How to Get Yourself to Drink More Water Daily
Getting into the habit of drinking water more frequently takes some getting used to at first. Once you’ve developed a routine, however, you’ll find it to be one of the easiest things you do to promote good health. Unlike diet and exercise, drinking water requires little effort.
Here is how to build better hydration habits, one step at a time:
- Buy a refillable water bottle that you enjoy carrying. Fill it full of water and take it with you wherever you go. You’ll never be without H2O. It’s a money-saving and planet-saving option that makes you feel good about your decision to ditch disposables.
- Get a water purifier for your faucet or pitcher. It makes ordinary tap water taste much better. You can fill your water bottle or pitcher as often as you’d like to do so. It’s far more economical and less wasteful than buying bottled water.
- Eat fruits and vegetables full of water. You can stay hydrated by eating water-filled produce such as lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, strawberries, watermelon, and cantaloupe. Add the vegetables and fruits to your shopping list and enjoy better hydration. You don’t need to drink your water when you can eat it, too!
- Add a water tracking app to your phone. Set up alerts, so you’re reminded to take a sip often. There are many free apps for you to choose from today. Select one that you know you’ll respond to often.
- Make your own spa water. Infuse the water that you drink with fresh fruit, vegetables, herbs, and spices. Get a boost of vitamins and minerals that way. You don’t need to invest money in expensive bottled water brands when you have all the ingredients you need at home.
- Include a pinch of salt in your water to help you retain it better. You don’t want to lose too much water all at once. That’s where salt comes in handy. A small amount of Himalayan sea salt can help your body hold onto some of its water so that you don’t become dehydrated suddenly.
There are many ways to get your fill of H2O daily. Following a hydration routine can make the process easier. Once you’ve made it a habit, you won’t think twice about sipping on water throughout the day. It’s something that you’ll do naturally.
Make Hydration Second Nature with Hydracy Water Bottles
Better hydration habits await you this year. You can quickly build them into your current routine. The more you make good hydration your focus, the better you’ll feel. Dehydration causes a myriad of health problems as well as negatively affects energy levels and cognitive abilities. It’s completely avoidable by keeping a refillable Hydracy water bottle with you wherever you go.