5 Winter Wellness Tips for You to Explore Today
Winter is in full swing. Your needs as a person have changed with the season. To help you navigate the colder weather more effortlessly, we’ve created a short guide highlighting winter wellness tips for you to follow. You can add to the list once you’ve discovered healthy habits that you want to do more frequently.
Keep Healthy During the Winter
Your health needs vary with each passing season. Depending on the area of the country you live in, too, you’ll find that winter can be very drying due to the heaters running indoors frequently. Learning how to adjust your self-care routine to match the climate that you’re in ensures that you’ll be the healthiest you can be at all times.
Five winter wellness tips for you to explore today include:
- Upping your water intake. You should consistently meet your hydration goals by sipping on H2O throughout the day. It’s no different in winter than it is in summer. Being dehydrated affects your performance and can cause drowsiness. If you want to feel energized, make water your number one choice for beverages. It’s virtually free, has zero calories, and helps you feel good.
- Investing in a good SPF. The sun can damage your skin year-round. Finding a sunblock with an adequate SPF is imperative, especially if you spend time outdoors. Getting windburned and sunburned can make things very uncomfortable for you. Finding a sunblock that you can wear throughout the year is ideal, or you’ll need to change it up from the one that you wear in summer because of your different needs.
- Buying and using a humidifier. Restore moisture levels inside the house quickly and easily. A humidifier has its benefits. It makes it easier for you to breathe with the heater running. It prevents your sinuses from drying out and your body from becoming dehydrated.
- Practicing indoor home workouts. Enjoy moving your body in different ways than you’re used to doing. A home workout can help you stay in shape and productively deal with stress. It protects you from illness and strengthens your immune system.
- Meal prepping nourishing soups and stews, which ease the digestive system. Eat foods that are in season and easy to prepare. Slow cooking soups and stews allow the flavors to meld together wonderfully. It’s a great way to fill your stomach and soothe it at the same time.
Staying well during the winter takes extra effort due to COVID-19 and cold and flu season. That doesn’t mean that you can’t be the healthiest you’ve been all year. With extra effort, you can prevent dehydration, develop life-changing habits, and practice self-care with intention.
Good Hydration Habits Contribute to Your Overall Health
Make Hydracy part of your wellness journey. Think of all the plastic bottles you’ll keep from the landfill by switching to a refillable bottle such as ours. You can customize your experience, too, by choosing the size, color, and style that expresses who you are as a person.